Amphitheater residential compound – Cluj-Napoca, Romania – Grigorescu West
A modern & ecological project
Roof gardens are found most often in urban environments. The plants reduce overall temperatures of the building which in turn reduces energy consumption. The primary cause of heat build-up in cities is insolation, the absorption of solar radiation by roads and buildings in the city and the storage of this heat in the building material and its subsequent re-radiation. Plant surfaces however, as a result of transpiration, do not rise more than 4–5 °C above the ambient and are sometimes cooler.
The buildings will be made of armed concrete & padding brick walls and decorated with natural materials, such as wood, stone and vegetation.
The hot water will be insured by using solar-panels stations.
Common Pedestrian Areas
- the green zone / playgrounds: 3.200 sqm.
- pedestrian alleys / sidewalks / small squares / bicycle tracks: 5.100 sqm
The interior residential roads and pedestrian alleys will be finished with asphalt, natural stone and wood materials. The project will have a perfect segregation of traffic – pedestrian/auto.
There will be elevators which will connect all the levels of the building (including the underground garage).
The garages area will be from polish cement- anti dust profile.
Access for Persons With Disabilities
All buildings and service areas will be prepared with dedicated solutions for persons with disabilities.
Cluj-Napoca is the third largest city in Romania, which is located in the central part of the historic province of Transylvania, having a population of more than 500,000 people.
The property is located in the west side of the city, at the end of the Grigorescu district in a new residential area, 3.5 km from the city centre.
AMPHITHEATER residential project, located in the western side of Cluj-Napoca, on approximately 2 ha of land, has from the beginning all the key assets of a successful residential project – southern exposure of land, breathtaking panoramic view, green areas and neighboring forests.
Besides 200 apartments, having one, two or three rooms, distributed in 14 buildings arranged in the form of an ancient Roman amphitheater, the residential project also includes 2,000 sqm of spaces intended for various services (kindergarten, bank, gym, pharmacy, mini market, medical practice, etc.), grouped around a square, which ends with a remarkably modern-style restaurant building that boasts breathtaking views. The main focus of the design is to offer a modern residential area harmoniously connected with the green zone and the commercial & services facilities.
The land allotted to the project is situated at the end of the Donath street, which will become the link with the future urban Highway of Cluj, Romania (Floresti – Baciu – Apahida – Jucu).
- Total area of land: 18.863 sqm
- Land owner: LA DONNA IMOBILE SRL
- Utilities: water, electricity, gas, sewerage.
- Other developments in the area: few residential buildings (family houses or apartment blocks G+2+A) surrounded by large green areas.
- The residential ensemble will be formed of 14 buildings arranged in the form of a Roman amphitheater in a U+B+G+2+A configuration.
- Total construction area: 32.000 sqm
- Total living area:
- 20.100 sqm – apartments
- 1.950 sqm – commercial areas
- Exterior parking lots: 56 places
- Underground garage: 154 places
- Common pedestrian areas:
- 3.200 sqm – the green zone / playgrounds
- 5.100 sqm – pedestrian alleys / sidewalks / small squares / bicycle tracks
- The buildings will contain 200 apartments:
- 19 ap. with 1 room (about 48 sqm per ap.)
- 98 ap. with 2 rooms (about 78 sqm per ap.)
- 83 ap. with 3 rooms (about 116 sqm per ap.)
- As a connection with the green zone nearby, more than 60% of the apartments have terraces with natural grass (between 20-30 sqm per terrace); Project BIOTOP level 20%.
Facilities & accessibility
The complex will include several services facilities: Kindergarten, bank, gym, pharmacy, mini market, medical practice, public recreational areas and other offices for administrative/commercial purposes.
Transportation: there are transport connections by bus to city centre.
Shopping: the residents can shop in the various shopping centres situated 5 minutes by car – CORA, PRAKTIKER, METRO, POLUS CENTER – CARREFOUR, etc.
Entertainment: the residents can enjoy the green spaces nearby or in Central Park, and use all the entertainment facilities from POLUS CENTER (restaurants, bars, cinema, etc).
Health: there are various pharmacies, private clinics and cosmetic centres in the area that can be used.
Education: there are several schools and colleges in the area.